It doesn’t take much to feel Happiness: Radicchio, blood Oranges, Sheep’s Cheese, Hazelnuts. You eat with your eyes too, so we recommend the Radicchio “La Rosa del Veneto” – incomparably enchanting in its Shape and Color.
- 3 Radicchio “La Rosa del Veneto”
- 2 Spanish Blood Oranges
- 200 gr Sheep’s Cheese
- 1 handful Hazelnuts
- Juice of a Blood Orange
- Abrasion of half a blood Orange
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt Pepper
- Clean, wash and dry-hurl radicchio. Peel and slice the Oranges. Finely hollow hazelnuts.
- Make a Vinaigrette from Orange abrasion, Orange juice, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Arrange Radicchio on four plates, garnish with the Orange slices and sheep’s Cheese, season with the Vinaigrette.
Those who pay attention to aesthetics while dining will love the Radicchio “La Rosa del Veneto”. The Salad from Italy charms with its delicate Pastel Pink with hints of Salmon and Peach.
La Rosa del Veneto, also known as “Radicchio del Veneto,” is an Italian Breed from the Chicory family and is mainly cultivated in northeastern Italy. A special cultivation method produces the particular coloration: The plants grow in the dark for some time, so that the heads are naturally bleached in the absence of sunlight. “La Rosa del Veneto” is tender but crisp. Compared to the normal Radicchio, it has a finer taste, is less bitter, but nevertheless spicy. The tart taste goes well with mild Salad varieties and finely sliced with Pasta and Rice.